Churro bites Ingredients
- 1/2 cup of milk
- 1/2 cup of water
- 3 tbsp of butter, diced
- 2 tbsp of sugar
- 1/4 tbsp of salt
- A splash of Vainilla Molina
- 1 cup of flour
- Vegetable oil for frying
- Pastry bag and star nozzle
Cinnamon Sugar Coating ingredients
- 1/2 cup of sugar
- 2 tbsp of cinnamon powder
- Heat 1 1/2 inches of oil in a heavy bottom pot over 360 °F / 180 °C. NOTE: Don´t over heat oil.
- In a saucepan, combine milk, water, butter, sugar & salt, and bring to a boil. Once it reaches a boil, remove from heat and immediately stir in a big splash of Vainilla Molina and flour.
- Stir mixture with a spatula, smoothing any lumps and stir until fully incorporated.
- Transfer to a piping bag, with a large open star tip and carefully pipe the dough. Cut each bite with clean scissors.
- Allow churros to fry until golden brown, remove with a wire skimmer and drain on a plate with several layers of paper towels.
- In a small mixing bowl, whisk together 1/2 cup sugar and cinnamon.
- Toss warm, drained churros into sugar mixture to evenly coat.