MINI APPLE PIES
- 2 1⁄2 cups of flour
- 1 1⁄2 cup of butter
- 1 tbsp of sugar
- 2 pinches of salt
- Cold water
- TIP: You can refrigerated pie crust from the store.
- 3 green apples
- 1/3 cup of sugar
- 1/3 cup of butter
- 1 tbsp cornstarch
- A big splash of Vainilla Molina
- 1 egg
- Cinnamon powder
- In a bowl mix sugar, flour and salt with your hands.
- Add the butter to your mixture.
- Little by little, add cold water and beat until you form a ball.
- Place the dough into a bag and refrigerate for 30 minutes.
- Peel the apples and cut into cubes.
- Add diced butter, cornstarch and a big splash of Vainilla Molina.
- You can add ground cinnamon.
Set up directions
- Preheat the oven to 180 °C / 356 °F
- Roll out the dough with a rolling pin and form circles with a cutter. Use a cupcake pan and place the pieces of dough there. Reserve the remaining batter to make the topping strips.
- Empty the filling inside the dough in the cupcake liners.
- Roll out the remaining dough and use a knife make the pie grids.
- Place the strips on the pies and interlace to form a grid.
- Beat an egg and use it to varnish the pies. Sprinkle cinnamon powder on top and bake for 30 minutes at 180 °C / 356 °F
- You can add vanilla or caramel ice cream as toppings.